Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I want to find this builder


I'm guessing some of you have seen this house on flickr, but OMG... fabUlous!!! I had to know more. Mandy designed the house and had it built by a man she found on Ebay over 10 years ago. Back then it was impossible for her to find any dollhouses remotely modern so she had this one commissioned.

The lamps, cushions, ornaments, wall art, plants, etc were mainly made by her. Some of the furniture such as the corner sofa was made by The House that Jacq Built. The fantastic Macintosh Waterfall light was from Dolls House Emporium. It was Mandy's first dollshouse, but she no longer has it, as it was too big to show off properly.

Mandy is currently renovating an old Lundby Stockholm House using a mixture of vintage and modern looks. She has been really influenced by the work of PUBDOLL and wants to do something similar. Thanks for sharing Mandy, I'm looking forward to what you come up with next!

(all images from Formidablelady1's flickr photostream)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I was floored when I saw these! I had no clue it was 10 years old. Thanks for getting the scoop and sharing all the backstory. *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.