Thursday, August 16, 2012

The wait is almost over

My swap list is a growing IOU list. The cool stuff in my head, somehow turns to crap in reality. I've been working on a piece of furniture where several pieces of wood need to be the exact same length and width, and I have failed miserably to achieve this. I have realized I can not saw straight and every piece I attempted to hand sand, now has rounded edges. Enter Micro-Mark; thank you for the tip Doris (minimodernistas)! I ordered some idiot proof tools to get these swap items done. Measure twice, cut once has new meaning with this cool Fractional Digital Caliper. The Miter-Rite is for making perfect angle cuts and I bought a sanding block jig so I can finally stop rounding all of the corners on everything. Lastly, I bought an angle plate so I can make sure I'm gluing at perfect right angles. Now I have the tools, so no more excuses. September is the month I finish what I started and get all of my return swaps in the mail. Thank you for your patience Meagan, Pepper, Neen and Alisa. Sorry you will have to wait a little longer, as I'm attempting to finish the Spring Fling in the next two weeks, but the end is in sight. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what brilliant project you come up with for Spring Fling!
    Best, Neen

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.