Saturday, May 24, 2014

Happy Days Are Here Again!

Oh happy days! My MiPad floor plan 3 arrived from MIAIM Miniatures by Elaine Shaw. It took less than 15 minutse to unwrapped and assemble. The only tool needed for the design I chose was a screw driver to attach the front hinged wall to the house.

I set up the house with a black and white theme and I'll try to photograph and post photos later tonight.

The house was incredibly well packed so there was no damage from the oversees shipping. The walls, floor and ceiling were all individually wrapped so they wouldn't scratch or damage each other durning transit. The directions are super easy to follow (although the house is designed so well you don't really need them). You are supposed to attach the stairs before you assemble the house, but I wasn't going to use them for my first design so you'll notice they're missing in the first assembled pics. Then I changed my mind, and popped them in place, as the stairs are too cool not to use.


I love how every edge is finished so once assembled it is ready for decorating. The high quality materials and polished edges on the acrylic really make this the best manufactured dollhouse I've seen. I'm really impressed with Elaine's designs and the manufacturer she's working with.

Elaine is working on more floor designs and extensions. I can't wait to expand on to this house. Currently there are 4 floor designs to choose from at £150 per floor, along with some great modern furniture. More info on the house designs can be found on MIAIMminiatures.com

16 comments:

  1. I thought you would be one of the first to buy the MiPad =OD Thanks for posting the pics. I wondered how easy it would be to construct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me so well Carol. ;) So super easy to assemble. It is incredibly well engineered.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your progress with this. I'm very tempted myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty awesome. I hope to get another level or two.

      Delete
  3. it looks amazing. can't wait to see it with furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I'm very tempted after seeing it all put together like that. I giant blank modern canvas, should be fun! Looking forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make a great blank canvas. Two thumbs up :D

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely house! Looking forward on seeing more of this =)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome!!!! I can't wait to see it decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you lucky girl Im so excited for you! I cant wait to see how this house turns out :)

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa, I'm dying to dive into it. Just need to find more time.

      Delete
  8. I love modern buildings and this is no less!!! Thanks for sharing the steps to set it up.....and it's a refresher to see new, modern buildings, dolls houses..... :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's DEFINITELY refreshing to have new modern dollhouses on the market. Too few out there. :D

      Delete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.